Police: 2-year-old dies after being entangled in power cord

A 2-year-old girl has died after she became entangled in a power cord, according to police.Officials say Malana Ingram accidentally strangled herself on the power

GREENLAWN - A 2-year-old girl has died after she became entangled in a power cord, according to police.

Officials say Malana Ingram accidentally strangled herself on the power cord of an air conditioner until she was found by a family member.

Ingram was given CPR and taken to Huntington Hospital where she was pronounced dead.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Top 5 Must See

1 Long Island Sportscast, Dec. 9
Police say an Uber driver was attacked after 2 Uber driver attacked in Bethpage over Thanksgiving weekend
Although he won't take office for a few 3 Suozzi urges fellow Democrats to 'find religion'
Suffolk police say a body was found behind 4 Police: Body found behind auto parts store
Immigrant advocates are calling for law enforcement agencies 5 Immigrant advocates ask officials not to work with ICE

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Need help this holiday season? We've got you Holiday Help Series

Need a gift idea? Perhaps you need a fun idea to do with the kids?

Each week a different shelter visits News 12 Dog Day Fridays Series

Each week a different shelter visits News 12 Long Island with pets up for adoption.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE