Oheka Castle owner Gary Melius released from hospital following shooting
HUNTINGTON - Oheka Castle owner Gary Melius was released from the hospital Monday morning following last week’s shooting by a masked gunman.
Melius has returned to the castle and is resting comfortably, according to his family.
An employee of Oheka Castle gave a brief update to the media hours after Gary Melius was released from the hospital.
READ MORE: Long Island Top Stories
“Mr. Melius is indeed in the castle, recovering well. We are very positive,” said the employee. “We want to thank you for your well wishes and positive input.”
Police say Melius, 69, was shot in the forehead in a courtyard at the castle in Huntington. Melius had been recovering at North Shore LIJ with police guarding him since the incident.
The shooting was caught on multiple surveillance cameras but the video has not been released to the public. Police said they would not comment about the content of the video.
According to Newsday, a source that apparently saw that surveillance video claims it looks like the gunman tried to fire three times after the initial shot, but the gun jammed.
One of Melius’s daughters told News 12 that the family has not seen the video. She said they are happy their dad is doing well and recovering.
No arrests have been made.