New security plan for upcoming Boston Marathon

Trash is strewn on the street near the finish line of the Boston Marathon where several explosions rocked the event April 15, 2013 in Boston, Massachusetts. Three people were killed and more than 170 wounded when two explosions struck near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, sparking scenes of panic, police said. The streets were littered with debris and blood and paramedics raced off with stretchers as police locked down the area, witness said. TV footage showed an explosion sending up a white plume of smoke along the sidelines of the race. AFP PHOTO/John MOTTERNJOHN MOTTERN/AFP/Getty Images (2/27/14)

BOSTON - It is less than two months away from the Boston Marathon and this year there's a new security plan following last year's deadly bombings.

Officials say no bags will be allowed at the marathon for spectators or runners.

Runners who want to change clothes after the race can check a bag at spots along the course.

READ MORE: Long Island Top Stories

Glass containers and any container larger than one liter will also be banned.

Costumes and large props are also off-limits. 

Add new comment

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Social Media

advertisement | advertise on News 12