EAST FARMINGDALE - A mother and her two young children have been hospitalized tonight after carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police say the victims were in a car when they suddenly passed out from fumes leaking into their car.

Sgt. James Brierton says it appears the victim's car may have had an engine or exhaust problem.

The victims were pulled from the car by a quick-thinking Good Samaritan, who began administering CPR.

The victims were all taken to North Shore LIJ Hospital in Plainview before being transferred to NUMC. News 12 was told all are conscious and alert.