MEDFORD - A Long Island church will have to rebuild from the ground up after a fast-moving fire tore through a Suffolk store front last night.
Pastor W.E. Sims and worshipers were shocked this morning to learn that the Philadelphia Bible Way Community Church on Horseblock Road was on fire.
News 12 Long Island has learned that the fire began in the office portion of the church.
Sims says firefighters think an electrical cord inside the office may have sparked the flames.
The church was gutted and sustained bad water damage. Officials say an auto parts store next to the church was also damaged.
Officials say no one was inside the church or store at the time, so no injuries were reported.