GREENLAWN - Officials say a man suffered second-degree burns to his leg after a fire erupted inside a garage at a home in Greenlawn. 

According to officials, the fire broke out in the detached garage of the home on Wells Road just before 9:30 p.m. on Monday. The main house was not damaged.

At least four fire departments battled the blaze. The man’s identity has not been released, but someone at the home says he is doing OK.

News 12 Long Island has learned that there were at least eight tanks of nitrous oxide inside the garage. Fire investigators have not said whether or not the nitrous oxide played a role in the fire.