STONY BROOK - Lawmakers today approved a bill that bans the sale of fuel gel products in Suffolk County. The bill is in honor of Michael Hubbard, who celebrated his 15th birthday today. The Riverhead teen was severely burned when a gel candle exploded in his face in May and is still fighting for his life at Stony Brook Children's Hospital. His family lobbied for the new law, determined not to let what happened to them repeat itself.

Mother of boy burned by gel candle pushes for changeMom: Gel candle severely burned son at barbecue