+-

Lawmaker calls for code changes after fatal carbon monoxide leak at Legal Sea Foods in Walt Whitman Mall

Fire officials say a faulty flue pipe

Fire officials say a faulty flue pipe leading from a water heater caused a buildup of carbon monoxide in the basement of the popular restaurant Saturday. (February 24, 2014 6:53 PM)

A Suffolk lawmaker is calling for swift changes to code laws that regulate carbon monoxide detection in public places following the deadly leak at a restaurant in the Walt Whitman Mall.

Legal Sea Foods restaurant manager Steven Nelson was killed and 27 others were sickened in the carbon monoxide leak on Saturday. Investigators say a faulty flue pipe in the restaurant's heating system was to...

Content Preview This content is exclusive for Optimum, Time Warner®, Comcast®, customers with access to News 12.

Already registered or an Optimum customer?
Log in
Time Warner®, Comcast® or Service ElectricSM customer?
Create an account
Not a customer?
Subscribe

Comments

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Vote

Do you think carbon monoxide detectors should be required in commercial buildings?

Yes No

advertisement | advertise on News 12