DEER PARK - A brother and sister were injured as a fast-moving fire destroyed their Deer Park home on Grand Boulevard.
Richard Ryan says he got a phone call yesterday at around 11:30 p.m. saying the house where his siblings Mary and James lived was on fire. James Ryan told firefighters that his lights flickered and then he saw flames.
Richard Ryan says he doesn't know how the fire started, but the flames gutted the entire house by the time firefighters extinguished it early this morning.
Mary Ryan remains hospitalized after suffering burns to her face and hands and smoke inhalation.