MERRICK - A Taco Bell in Merrick closed temporarily today after a boy complained of a bleach taste in his soda.

The sign on the door claimed the fast-food restaurant was closed due to equipment failure. The 10-year-old boy's father and grandfather however, say his soda tasted like chlorine.

The shutdown didn't last long, employees took the sign down and got back to work just minutes after the police left.

Nassau police say a hazmat team examined the soda and has deemed the soft drink to be non-hazardous. They say the drink will be brought to the Health Department for further analysis.

The child, who was transported to a local hospital by his parents for evaluation, was released with no apparent injuries.