HUNTINGTON STATION - A Long Island grandmother is warning parents about a Halloween flashlight that could melt down while your child is holding it.

Margaret Argento says when she went to Kabs Mart in Huntington Station to buy Halloween toys for her grandchildren, she never thought the novelty projector flashlight would do anything but light up.

"It proceeds to smoke and the outer casing of the little flashlight begins to blister and melt, bubble up," she says. "Up to a half-hour later, it was still too hot to touch."

The flashlight was made in China and sold under the Flomo brand for NYGALA Corp. of New Jersey. The company says it's recalling the product because of Argento's complaint.

Last year, the Consumer Product Safety Commission issued a nationwide recall for a very similar-looking projector flashlight.