HICKSVILLE - ? Family and friends are saying goodbye today to a Hicksville man who accidentally set himself on fire in church.
Vito Badalamente was remembered this morning during a funeral Mass at St. Ignatius Roman Catholic Church.
The 89-year-old lit a candle last Thursday at Holy Family Church in Hickville when his clothes caught on fire.
A priest ran to help the man but he had already been burned over 60 percent of his body. Badalamente was a World War II veteran who received the Purple Heart.
Man accidentally sets himself on fire inside Hicksville church