LINDENHURST - A fundraiser was held today to help a Lindenhurst family that has been left homeless by a fire.

Tamilynn Christianson and her three sons are among 10 people displaced from three apartments following the Nov. 14 fire. According to Christianson, the fire started on the third floor of the building when the tenant left her space heater on. Christianson says the space heater was needed because the landlord never provided heat to the tenant.

News 12 Long Island called the building’s landlord, Ben Romano, of West Islip, and visited his home, but was unable to reach him for comment. The Lindenhurst Fire Department also did not return requests for information on the fire.

Christianson and her sons have been staying with family members and friends since the fire. She says she’s hoping her landlord or someone else will step up and help.

“Do the right thing, help us,” she says.