COMMACK - A firefighter helped save a young man from a heroin overdose at a Commack restaurant on Saturday.

Officials say the firefighter found a 20-year-old man not breathing and with no pulse in the bathroom of Ruby Tuesday's on Jericho Turnpike.

The firefighter was able to use the opiate antidote drug Narcan to revive him.

Officials say the man responded to the treatment and was conscious when he was taken to the hospital.

News 12 is told the firefighter had just taken a training course on using Narcan less than one month ago.