Fire officials: Faulty pipe cause of deadly carbon monoxide leak at Legal Sea Foods at Walt Whitman Mall in Huntington Station

Legal Seafoods was among the three restaurants evacuated

Legal Seafoods was among the three restaurants evacuated due to a carbon monoxide leak. (February 23, 2014 10:34 PM)

Huntington fire officials are blaming a faulty pipe for the carbon monoxide leak that killed a restaurant manager at Walt Whitman Mall Saturday.

The leak killed Legal Sea Foods manager Steven Nelson, of Copiague and sent two dozen people to the hospital to be treated for exposure. Legal Sea Foods CEO Roger Berkowitz says Nelson had been working in the basement when he was overcome by fumes....

Content Preview This content is exclusive for Optimum, Time Warner®, Comcast®, customers with acccess to News 12.

Already registered or an Optimum customer?
Log in
Time Warner®, Comcast® or Service ElectricSM customer?
Create an account
Not a customer?
Subscribe

Comments

advertisement | advertise on News 12

advertisement | advertise on News 12