ROOSEVELT - Police say a fast-moving fire that killed one person at a Roosevelt home has been deemed accidental.

The flames broke out at a two-story home located on Debevoise Avenue just before 2:30 a.m. Friday. James Hickman, of the Nassau County Fire Marshal's Office, says the fire started in a front bedroom as the result of an electrical malfunction. It then rapidly spread, engulfing the entire house.

A 50-year-old male was found dead inside a second-floor bedroom, officials say.

Two people who were inside the home had to jump from windows to escape the blaze, suffering minor injuries. They were treated and released from the hospital.

Officials say the house served as a residence for at least 11 people, with rooms subdivided into single units for rent. It was demolished Friday afternoon.