WEST BABYLON - A carbon monoxide scare in West Babylon forced the evacuation of a supermarket. 

Police say they were originally called to the ShopRite on Route 109 with reports of a person with low blood sugar.

When the ambulance showed up, the first responder carbon monoxide detector went off.

The fire department then evacuated the store due to high levels of carbon monoxide from a problem in the bakery oven.

A total of 41 people in the store were checked out at the scene. Officials say five of those were transported with elevated levels and 10 refused medical treatment.