CO leak forces guests out of Holtsville hotel

The incident happened at the Ramada Plaza on North Ocean Avenue overnight.

The incident happened at the Ramada Plaza on North Ocean Avenue overnight.

The incident happened at the Ramada Plaza on North Ocean Avenue overnight. (8/14/15)

HOLTSVILLE - Officials say a carbon monoxide leak forced hotel guests out of their rooms in Holtsville. 

The incident happened at the Ramada Plaza on North Ocean Avenue overnight. 

Police say when the carbon monoxide detector went off, everyone was moved out of their rooms and into the parking lot. 

News 12 has learned firefighters were able to contain the leak and vent out the building. 

Once the levels came down, everyone was allowed back inside. 

No one was hurt during the incident. 

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Top 5 Must See

According to the Chronicle, the photos were emailed 1 Hofstra University fraternity Sigma Pi accused of hazing ritual
Riverhead Police arrested 4 men for criminal trespassing 2 Police: 4 in Splish Splash BMX video arrested
According to the study, more than a third 3 AAA: Drowsy driving is an epidemic in the United States
Dec. 7, 1941 is when 2,400 Americans lost 4 LIers mark 75 years since Pearl Harbor attack
Police say a 17-year-old and 15-year-old smashed windows 5 2 teens arrested, accused of vandalizing van in Hauppauge

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Need help this holiday season? We've got you Holiday Help Series

Need a gift idea? Perhaps you need a fun idea to do with the kids?

Each week a different shelter visits News 12 Dog Day Fridays Series

Each week a different shelter visits News 12 Long Island with pets up for adoption.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE