CO fills Port Jefferson Station home, hospitalizes 10

Ten people were rushed to the hospital after their Port Jefferson Station home filled with carbon monoxide. Emergency crews say the source of the potentially

PORT JEFFERSON STATION - Ten people were rushed to the hospital after their Port Jefferson Station home filled with carbon monoxide. Emergency crews say the source of the potentially deadly gas inside a Jayne Boulevard home was easy to spot. Police say a generator running on the side of the house appeared to be the cause of the poisoning. A neighbor says he thought the house was empty. He says the owners had moved out and that the house was up for sale. Police say they were called to the scene after a woman there became ill, and when they arrived, 10 residents inside the home were overcome by the fumes. The house has since been condemned by the Town of Brookhaven.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Top 5 Must See

Police say a Hempstead man was driving drunk 1 Police: Man drives drunk, crashes with teen in car
The video shows the suspect walk into the 2 Police release video of suspect in Floral Park Motel robbery
Demonstrators protest on the National Mall in Washington, 3 Hundreds of thousands of women protest against Trump
Republican Assemblyman Chad Lupinacci, of South Huntington, drove 4 LI lawmakers return from Trump inauguration in Washington
As News 12 has reported, The IDA approved 5 Dozens protest in Hempstead over mall tax break

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Each week, News 12's Doug Geed explores the Check out fun things to do on the East End!

Explore the Twin Forks with News 12's Doug Geed.

Each week a different shelter visits News 12 Dog Day Fridays Series

Each week a different shelter visits News 12 Long Island with pets up for adoption.

News 12 digs deep to find Long Island's Discover Long Island's Hidden Past

News 12's Danielle Campbell digs into Long Island's roots.

News 12's Lily Stolzberg sees how much Long On The Spot

News 12's Lily Stolzberg sees how much Long Islanders know about everything and anything.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE