GARDEN CITY - Police responded to a call for carbon monoxide poisoning Thursday at Roosevelt Field Mall in Garden City.

Officials confirm workers were inside the building at the Abercrombie & Fitch store using a propane-powered machine that pulls up wood floors. According to officials, fumes from the machine sickened nine workers. Everyone is expected to be OK.

The incident happened before the mall opened.

For extended Chopper 12 footage from the scene, watch the clip to the left or click News 12 Extra on Optimum TV channel 612.