5 sickened by carbon monoxide in North Valley Stream

Five people were sickened, including a child, by carbon monoxide in North Valley Stream.

News 12 is told there was a faulty exhaust pipe in the home that led to the carbon monoxide leak.

News 12 is told there was a faulty exhaust pipe in the home that led to the carbon monoxide leak. (3/19/17)

NORTH VALLEY STREAM - Five people were sickened, including a child, by carbon monoxide in North Valley Stream.

Police say two women were pulled from a basement bedroom of 1049 Elmont Road unconscious Saturday night.

News 12 is told three other victims, including a 5-year-old boy, were tired and dizzy but were able to walk out of the house.  

Marie Zamor, one of the home's owners, says her husband, a cousin and her son were released from the hospital.

The other two people sickened by the carbon monoxide are still hospitalized. Their conditions are unknown at this time.

News 12 is told there was a faulty exhaust pipe in the home that led to the carbon monoxide leak.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Top 5 Must See

News 12's Lily Stolzberg visited the Walt Whitman 1 On the Spot: Women's History
United Airlines launched a controversy over the weekend 2 United Airlines faces turbulence over leggings ban
Troy Ramey of Sea Cliff competes on NBC's 3 Long Islander competes on 'The Voice'
The suspects describe themselves as part of the 4 3 men accused of spraying graffiti in 6 communities
DogAbility founder and director Sass Levine says the 5 Organization that trains therapy dogs struggles to find new home

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Each week, News 12's Doug Geed explores the Check out fun things to do on the East End!

Explore the Twin Forks with News 12's Doug Geed.

Each week a different shelter visits News 12 Dog Day Fridays Series

Each week a different shelter visits News 12 Long Island with pets up for adoption.

News 12 digs deep to find Long Island's Discover Long Island's Hidden Past

News 12's Danielle Campbell digs into Long Island's roots.

News 12's Lily Stolzberg sees how much Long On The Spot

News 12's Lily Stolzberg sees how much Long Islanders know about everything and anything.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE