SOUTHAMPTON - Two university police officers were overcome by fumes at the Southampton campus of Stony Brook University this morning.The college says the two officers were responding to an alarm at the marine sciences laboratory at around 3:30 a.m. when both became "lightheaded" and sick to their stomachs.

The officers are now recovering at home, according to a university spokesperson.

The campus was not evacuated. It remains unknown what caused the fumes, but university officials say it was not chlorine.