FRANKLIN SQUARE - Officials say 19 people were hospitalized today following high levels of carbon monoxide at the Best Yet Market in Franklin Square.

Another 12 people were treated at the scene.

“Most people were just transported for evaluation,” says Nassau Assistant Chief Fire Marshal Michael Uttaro.

According to Uttaro, there were complaints of severe nausea and headaches, as well as people vomiting at the scene – all signs common with carbon monoxide poisoning.

The grocery store remains closed, but other stores in the shopping center are open.

Investigators have not yet pinpointed the source of the carbon monoxide.

For extended Chopper 12 footage over the scene, watch the clip to the left or click News 12 Extra on Optimum TV channel 612.