1 injured in South Farmingdale CO incident on Hyman Drive

Police say a person has suffered carbon monoxide poisoning while using a generator to power their home in South Farmingdale.

SOUTH FARMINGDALE - Police say a person has suffered carbon monoxide poisoning while using a generator to power their home in South Farmingdale.

Firefighters responded to the home on Hyman Drive just after midnight.

Officials say it appears the homeowner was using a car battery to power a generator, possibly to run their air conditioning.

According to officials, one person was rushed to the hospital.

There is no word on the person's condition.  

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Top 5 Must See

Rev. John Barres, of Allentown, Penn., will succeed 1 Pope Francis appoints new bishop to Diocese of Rockville Centre
The accident happened just before 11:30 p.m. Thursday 2 2 injured in Mount Sinai head-on crash
A house on Joyce Drive in Hauppauge was 3 House destroyed in early morning Hauppauge fire
According to police, the swastikas were drawn on 4 Swastikas found scrawled inside Nassau Community College building
News 12's Elisa DiStefano and Newsday's Anne Bratskeir 5 Festive Friday: Subscription Boxes

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Need help this holiday season? We've got you Holiday Help Series

Need a gift idea? Perhaps you need a fun idea to do with the kids?

Each week a different shelter visits News 12 Dog Day Fridays Series

Each week a different shelter visits News 12 Long Island with pets up for adoption.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE