Mineola boy, Nick Ramos, saves friend's life after he starts choking
A young Mineola boy is being hailed as a hero for saving the life of a friend who began choking at school
Nick Ramos, 9, noticed his friend, Steven Jones, 9, was choking on a carrot during lunch at Jackson Avenue Elementary School. Nick says he say Steven give the choking signal and his lips began to turn purple, so he walked over to his friend and hit him on the back until the carrot dislodged.
Nick says that his four years in the Cub Scouts gave him the training to save his friend's life.
Steven says that he is glad that Nick knew what to do.