This is a six-exercise circuit using two 1-litre water bottles, body weight and your sofa. Repeat the entire circuit for a quick, effective 12-minute workout. Each exercise will be performed for 45 seconds, followed by 15 seconds of recovery.
1) FRONT SQUAT - Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold water bottles at your shoulders. Maintaining a straight back and looking forward, bend the knees and hips until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Extend knees and hips until legs are straight.
2) V SIT WITH CHEST FLY - Begin in a seated position with abdominal muscles contracted and legs at a 45-degree angle. With a slight bend in the elbows, lift the water bottles bringing them together in front of your chest and then extend the arms back down.
3) TRICEPS DIP WITH ABDUCTION - Sit on the edge of the sofa. Place hands on the edge and position feet hip-width apart away from the sofa. Straighten arms, slide rear end off of the edge and extend one leg straight. Bend at the elbows lowering weight toward the floor while at the same time abducting the extended leg. Raise and repeat.
4) HORIZONTAL/DIAGONAL ROTATION - Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Holding a water botttle in each hand, raise the arms out to the sides to shoulder height. Twist slowly to the left and right through the torso maintaining steady hips. Now twist on a diagonal reaching opposite hand toward opposite foot.
5) SINGLE LEG GLUTE BRIDGE - Lay on the floor on your back facing the sofa. Place one foot against the edge of the sofa so that your knee and hip are at 90 degrees and extend the other leg toward the ceiling. Drive through the heel, extending your hips upward and raise your glutes off of the ground. Extend as far as possible, pause and then return to the starting position.
6 )PLANK WITH ALTERNATING FRONT RAISE - Lie face down resting on the forearms. Push off the floor, raising up onto your toes and resting on the hands. Keep your back flat, in a straight line from head to heels. Tilt your pelvis and contract your abdominals to prevent your rear end from sticking up in the air or sagging in the middle. Brace your abs, grab the water bottle and keeping your left arm straight, raise it in front of you to shoulder height, Return to plank and repeat on opposite side.